Friday, April 18, 2008

Drive through idiots

So let's get this party started right!

Can someone tell me when customer service fell off the face of the earth? It seems inconceivable to me that with a recession going on, the best employees that a place of business can hire just happen to be people who barely qualify as mildly retarded.

I know that many fast food restaurants are entry level, but what level of entry are we talking about here? Special Olympics?

Case in point: My wife was at work and wanted me to get her some food. She gave the fast food joint she wanted and the order. I hustled down and placed my order to which I was given a response of, "What?" Not, "I'm sorry, I didn't get your order" or "Could you please repeat that?" but "What?" Then, after repeating my order and waiting the requisite five minutes to get my food, I find that my order was filled incorrectly. I informed the food parcel worker of the error to which she responded with a resounding, "Oh." That's it. No, "I'll get that fixed for you" or "Sorry for the inconvenience". Just "Oh." When I informed her that I would like my order corrected, she disappeared for FIVE FUCKING MINUTES. I sat there waiting and waiting, like some witless looby on prom night that got stood up. Finally, in disgust, I drove off.

Seriously people, this is a sad state of affairs. We really need to start demanding better customer service from our eating establishments or it will get to the point to where we're just driving up, giving them money and leaving with no food.

2 comments:

CJ said...

Dude, I've been feeling this way for the last week, fucking BK! Not only do they not tell me that they don't have the toy that we specifically went there to get, but they don't tell me that they don't have ANY fucking toys... at all! AND they short me fries! AND their food sucks! I so want to go in and order "a cold whopper, room temp fries, watery coke, and a kids meal with no toy whatsoever. And when they tell me they can't do that, I'll remind them that they did exactly that to me last week! fuckers... Thanks for letting this cat out of the bag!

Seth said...

Wait... you got bad service at a fast food place??? I'm SHOCKED!